Sunday 16 November 2008,15:03
My Quaker Sampler
I know I don't post very often but I visit this board a lot cause I love to see your progress on your Quaker pieces. I wanted to share with you a piece I 've been working on for a few years. I decided that I wanted to stitch a Quaker sampler using all the motifs that I love. Here is my progress so far:

I am stitching this on 28ct Lugana over one thread using ThreadGatherer's silk, Autumn Foliage. I intend to use it to cover the lid of a wooden box tea box. Most of the motifs are from the Needleprint patterns and I believe so far, most of the motifs I've stitched are from the Sarah Moon pattern and Jacqueline Holdworth's, Quaker Pattern book. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to the motifs that I've chosen, just the ones that I really like.

I hope you like what I am stitching. Sorry for the quality of the photo, the it was raining the day I took the photo so the colors are washed out and have a grey cast to them. The linen really is a warm tone!

Labels: ,

 
posted by quakered Joanie | quaker link |


1 Comments:


  • At 16 November 2008 at 17:13, Blogger Teresa

    WOW- creating your own sampler from motifs- don't know that I would have either the talent or the nerve to attempt that.

    Your piece looks BEAUTIFUL!