Friday 18 July 2008,18:49
And the not so good news is...
upon my arrival home and finding my missing mail (the lovely swan from Carol) I also found a familiar envelope in one of those "oops we goofed" pastic wrappers from the post office. My package (mailed the 28th) to other side of the country took the scenic route through at least two other post offices, one was Nashville and the other postmark was illegible. Then came back to me with the "package damaged enroute, we're sorry, blah blah blah" note attached. Well, the worst damage to the package was - it was empty. Seriously empty. No stitched surprise, no little extra treats. Just.plain.empty. So, I've started again and I'm just about half with the stitching part and I'm such a slow stitcher it's going to be a little while. But it's coming...you have not been forgotten!!!

JudySC
 
posted by quakered JudySC | quaker link |


4 Comments:


  • At 18 July 2008 at 19:31, Blogger Jennifer

    Oh how awful Judy. I'm so sorry this happend to you. It's happened to me before, but luckily not with a stitched item that had taken a long time to finish. I really wonder about the US postal service some times. They charge an outrageous amount of money for rather lack-luster "service". I'm sure your exchange partner will be patient and understanding about this.

     
  • At 18 July 2008 at 22:48, Blogger valerie

    Oh no, that's awful!? I can't believe you got your package back with nothing in it! Hopefully you enjoyed stitching it the first time and the second time around will fly by fast.

     
  • At 18 July 2008 at 23:30, Blogger Meg

    Sorry to hear this, Judy - I know I worry whenever I post anything that it will not reach its destination safely.
    But I'm sure it will be worth the wait for your partner.

     
  • At 19 July 2008 at 05:55, Blogger msjan

    I'm so sorry this happened. But I think I'm going to start using UPS for mailing. The USPS has lost over $1,00.00 in books and CD's of mine in the last 3 months. They are very sorry though.

    Jan R Maryland