Wednesday 21 May 2008,15:46
just in....



Just landed in my mailbox - three Ackworth Quaker Samplers!

Which ones?
Rebecca Blake (1809)
Ann Trump (1797)
The Companion Beatrix Potter's Sampler

I'm really excited and wanted to drop everything and start stitching right away (I'm sure you've had that urge) but first things first: decide what linen to use and if I want to go for silk or DMC threads. I've never used silks before, so it would be cool to try the Au Ver a Soie silks!

Actually, the Ann Grisham sampler is first in line, since I was planning together with a friend of mine to do it together, but after seeing the Rebecca Blake and Ann Trump Samplers, I'm thinking it would be fun to work with colors as well, even though it's easy and convenient to work with only one color. Sure, call me lazy! :-)

Will have to think about that for a bit, and will get back to you on what I decide!

Doing a snoopy dance,
Heidi

Labels: , ,

 
posted by quakered Heidi | quaker link |


1 Comments:


  • At 21 May 2008 at 16:52, Blogger Edgar

    Those are some great charts. I have them in my stash and am working the BPC now in Belle Soie - MOSS. I did the Beatrix Potter last year in AVDS (really deep wine color, I think 4795?) - it was a really nice thing to stitch. enjoy -

    edgar